Built in year 1846
A typical example of the Tryavna school of architecture. In year 1846 the tradesman from Tryavna Nikola Raykov entrusted the building of his new house to the best master of Tryavna at that time – Dimitar Sergyov. To this day, above on of the columns, stays the inscription: „ started on the 12 of February 1846”. Dimitar Sergyov put in the building the best of the Tryavna Revival house, as well as putting the “a la franga” niches in the space of the rooms and the porch/chardak. The exhibition displays the life of the Tryavna people at the end of ХІХ and at the beginning of ХХ century. Here one can see the first bed brought to Tryavna, furniture of the town type of house.
The house is the birthplace of the first Organic Chemistry Professor in Bulgaria – Pencho Raykov, who in spite of his professional obligations never cuts his connection with his native Tryavna.