The name of St. Prophet Elijah church in Bulgarian sounds like: Sveti Prorok Ilia
Built in year 1882-83 by Usta Dragoshin NIkolov from the Novakovtsi settlement of huts, Tryavna region, and his assistant Manyo, from the Velentsi settlement of huts. The cost of the construction was 32000 grosha and the place was donated by the brothers Belcho and Kosyo Stanev from the Kovatchevtsi settlement of huts. The temple was sanctified by the Tarnovo Metropolitan Kliment on July 20th 1883. It is assumed that the bishop’s throne was made by master Hristo Damyanov and the altar door – by Marko Tiholov. In this church, examples of the late iconography school of Tryavna can be seen. The icons painted during the period 1881-1916 were made by iconographers from Tryavna, the murals by Vasil Mihalev – participant in the Zograf detachment of rebels during the April Rebellion of year 1876.
The belfry to the church was built in year 1934 by Gancho Ivanov from the village of Bochukovtsi.