The name of Holy Mother Assumption church in Bulgarian sounds like: Sveto Uspenie Bogorodichno
Kolyo Radkov Gadzhev from the village of Gorni Radkovtsi donated the gold he found for the building of a church. With a sultan firman from October 24th 1843 the Ottoman authorities permitted the construction. The construction was undertaken by master Dimitar Sergyov. The sanctification took place on July 31st 1849 by the Metropolitan of Tarnovo Neofit. The carving in the church bears the style of the carving school of Tryavna and was nade by priest Koyu Vitanov. The icons were also made by craftsmen from Tryavna.
Initially, the liturgy was conducted by priest Koyu Vitanov from Tryavna.
In year 1958 the church was decorated with murals by the artist Pantaley Seferov.